Monday, November 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins



Every week I buy a monster tub of vanilla greek yogurt and last week accidentally bought a big tub of plain yogurt.. which doesn't taste nearly as good. So all week I've been looking at recipes that use greek yogurt and I had to try this one!

It's completely normal for the pregnant girl to already be thinking about her next meal and since it's 11:00pm, that means the next is breakfast! So I'm making these peanut butter banana muffins!

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sweetener, I chose Splenda since I have a big bag of it
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 bananas
1 tbsp peanut butter

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or use foil liners. Apparently when muffin mixes have non-flour bases they tend to stick to typical paper liners and I coincidentally had these awesome pirate foil liners. :)

2. Place all ingredients into food processor and blend until oats are completely smooth.


3. Divide batter among cupcake liners (I used 1/4 cup in each liner and ended up with exactly a dozen!), and bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!



4. Enjoy for breakfast or a midnight snack! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment