Sunday, November 25, 2012

Banana Cranberry Bread

Every year we have a bunch of cranberry sauce leftover after Thanksgiving. This year, instead of letting it go bad in my fridge, I decided to add it to one of my favorite banana bread recipes. It's delicious and helps me get some of the leftovers out of my fridge! The recipe is just enough for two loaves of bread or I made 1 loaf of bread and a dozen muffins.

Banana Cranberry Bread

Ingredients:
3 or 4 ripe bananas
2 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup of shortening
1/2 cup of butter (or you can do a whole cup of shortening but I use butter for flavor)
3 eggs
1 cup cranberry sauce (I used one with whole berries)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Directions:
1. Combine bananas, butter, shortening, eggs, sugar, cranberry sauce, milk, and vanilla until creamed.
2. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Blend until batter forms.
3. Bake at 375 degrees. Loaves of bread take about 60 minutes (or until tooth pick comes out clean) and muffins take about 25 minutes.  Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. The muffins turn out awesome (even if I am a little biased). They're great for breakfast or just as a snack. Definitely a big fan :)

    ReplyDelete